Next up on a travel addict's agenda: Orlando and NYC (Feb 25, 2011)

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall back, spring forward!!!

I  remember hearing that 'life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the quicker it goes.'27 years old and starting to believe it.  In December, I will have been working and living in Switzerland for one and a half years.  CRAZY!

It also seems just like yesterday that I started fundraising for my trip to Ethiopia.  Here I am now, just four quick naps until my departure!   I  am pleased to announce that with the generosity and support of my family & friends, I raised just under 2000$!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU to all my sponsors and the kind-hearted indviduals who supported this trip that means so much to me.   The money went directly to HOPEthiopia for the funding of this health mission.  On Saturday, I will be meeting the crew of doctors, nurses, dentists, hygienists and other team members in London.   It will be great to see my old colleagues from Westbrook Dental center in Calgary. (Ralph, Scot & Denise)  From London, we have a direct flight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia's capital.   For the following week we will be staying in a village called Wolisso which is located about 130 km SW of Addis Ababa in a nice and secure hotel.   Internet access will be limited for us while there so please keep updated by visiting Hopethiopia's facebook page.  
HOPEthiopia facebook page 


You may have noticed that my blog got a makeover!  When doing some browsing and reading on the net in preparation for my trip, I came upon a young Canadian woman who is doing AMAZING things.   She runs 'blogs for a cause' where she makes blogs for people to help fund her humanitarian work all over the world.    Check her out at:  Blogs for a cause 
It was great to 'stumble' upon her.  She's also done work in Ethiopia and has so much practical information.  She is a great resource for anyone wanting to do humanitarian work. Thank you Nikki and good luck with your upcoming trip to Kenya!


Well, I better get to packing.   Thanks again for stopping in and for your kind words of support and encouragement.  I look forward to my first ever humanitarian trip and already know it won't be my last.   I will do my best to keep you updated via blogs, photos, facebook etc.

Here are a few pics that I took in Switzerland during this beautiful Autumn season.

Much Love,

Renay




2 comments: